‘3TC’ Solidarity Cup 2020 Live Scores, Squads, Rules, Live Streaming & TV Channels
3TC is 3 Team Cricket, the latest evolution in short-form cricket, in which 3 teams go head-to-head-to-head in a single, explosive match.Cricket is all set to return in South Africa in a brand new 3TC format where three teams will go head to head in one game. The Solidarity Cup exhibition game will be played in Centurion on July 18, AB de Villiers, Kagiso Rabada and Quinton De Kock will be leading the three sides in the much-anticipated game. Some of the biggest stars of South African cricket will take part in an exhibition match organised by Cricket South Africa (CSA) on July 18 at the SuperSport Park in Centurion.
The game will be played in 3TC (Three-team cricket) format, which will be a 36-over contest involving three teams. The game has been named Solidarity Cup by CSA and all money raised will go to THE HARDSHIP FUND, a Cricket South Africa initiative to help all those from the cricket community who are enduring hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Cricket fans can celebrate the return of their favourite game with the innovative and first of its kind 3TCricket, where three teams will play in a single match, competing for the inaugural Solidarity Cup on Nelson Mandela International Day – 18 July at SuperSport Park. Three teams of eight players compete in a single match.
Each team bats for a total of twelve overs, split between two periods of six overs apiece from each of the other two teams in the match. South Africa’s pace spearhead Kagiso Rabada and all-rounder Chris Morris will miss the match due to unforeseen circumstances. Former South Africa pacer Makhaya Ntini’s son Thando Ntini (Kingfishers), Bjorn Fortuin (Eagles) and Gerald Coetzee (Kingfishers) have been named as the three replacements.
- Time: 02:00 PM IST
- Venue: SuperSport Park, Centurion
Here are some of the rule of 3TC or Three-team cricket:
1. A 3TC game is played between three teams consisting of eight players each. There are 36 overs in the game divided into two halves of 18 each. A team gets to bat and bowl to one opponent for six overs in each half.
2. One team gets total 12 overs in the innings, divided between two six-over periods in each half.
3. A draw will be conducted to decide which team will bat, bowl or be in the dugout in the first half. In the second half, the highest-scoring team from the first half will bat first. In case of a tie, the order of the first half will be reversed.
4. Each bowling team will bowl with a new ball for their 12 overs against both opponents. A bowler can bowl a maximum of three overs in the game.
5. After the 7th wicket, the last man will be allowed to bat till the overs are completed or till the time he is dismissed. However, the last-standing batsman can score only in boundaries or in even number of runs. If a team loses all eight wickets in the first half, the remaining overs will be forfeited and the last batsman will be asked to resume the batting in the second half.
6. The team with the most runs will win the game. The winner will be awarded the gold medal, the side finishing second will get silver medal and the team at the third spot will be awarded the bronze medal. If there is a tie for gold, Super Overs will decide the fate of the game. In case of a tie for 2nd place, silver will be shared. The winner will have to defeat two teams to win the game.
AB’s Eagles Squad: AB de Villiers (c), Aiden Markram, Andile, Phehlukwayo, Lungi Ngidi, Rassie van der Dussen, Junior Dala, Kyle Verreynne, Sisanda Magala
KG’s Kingfishers Squad: Kagiso Rabada (c), Chris Morris, Faf du Plessis, Tabraiz Shamsi, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Janneman Malan, Glenton Stuurman
Quinny’s Kites Squad: Quinton de Kock (c), David Miller, Dwayne Pretorius, Temba Bavuma, Beuran Hendricks, JJ Smuts, Lutho Sipamla, Anrich Nortje
Star Sports to broadcast live coverage of ‘3TC’ Solidarity Cup 2020 (3TC) in India and its subcontinent (Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, and Maldives) countries, all matches streamed live in the Indian subcontinent on SonyLiv (Website, App).
SuperSport to telecast live coverage of ‘3T Cricket’ Solidarity Cup 2020 (3TC) in South Africa; all matches live streamed on the SuperSport digital platform (Website, App). OSN Sports Cricket HD have TV rights to provide live coverage of matches in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Countries.
Cricket viewers in the United States can watch ‘3T Cricket’ Solidarity Cup 2020 (3TC) on Willow TV and Sky Sports Cricket to broadcast live coverage in the United Kingdom.
- India: Star Sports, Hotstar
- South Africa: SuperSport
- USA: Willow Sports
- UK: Sky Sports Cricket
- New Zealand: SKY Sport NZ
- Australia: Fox Sports
- Caribbean: ESPN Caribbean